Stay Away From These 10 Lowest Paying College Degrees & Careers


5. Social Work

A college degree in this field prepares the graduate for the professional practice of social welfare administration and counceling, with an emphasis on organizing the means to provide basic services to at-risk people or groups. If dealing with constantly changing government red tape and regulations is not your idea of fun, the $34,000/yr to start won’t help at all to change your mind.


The content on is for informational purposes only. We are not experts, nor do we claim to be. Many of these articles are opinion based articles and should be taken as such. We will not be held liable for decisions users make based off the content on Please do your research before accepting any information as fact.

18 thoughts on “Stay Away From These 10 Lowest Paying College Degrees & Careers”

  1. I guess the title of this article demonstrates how shallow and materialistic the author is. Most if not all of these are noble professions – perhaps if never occurred to the author that people entering these occupations are motivated by factors other than how much money they can make?

  2. I definitely beg to differ with this article, as 70% of workers in the world have deadend jobs paying them the equivalent $ 10 000 annually. These are the very so-called middle-class of our time and my heart and prayers go out to all of them. They are the ones who helped shape the future of the other 30%!

    1. i also disagree with this article like why shoul we look at the salary ?i believe that peoplke must do what the love money comes after it doesnt matter how much one gets ..its all abt fulfilling ones purpose for life.the idea of being motivated by money is the reason why most people dread every day at their workplaces because they are doing what the do because of money not passion…If everyone could forget money and do what he or she loves im sure the world will be a better place with no doctors who love art ose destroying thousands day by day

  3. It’s sad that these types of jobs – considered essential for the well being of society – pay so poorly and yet expect so much – including tons of emotional and mental stress (teaching, cooking and social work come to mind, in particular). It’s even sadder that it’s creating an underclass that used to be considered middle-class jobs. This is what happens when money is worshipped and valued above everything else.

    1. You are somehow right, but given a new education standard, innovation, students that think critically and with the ability to adapt, will make a difference. Legends begin by picking golf balls which is not a degree or course but are now billionaires.

  4. When the students choosed the faculties that they want to go on their learning in Universities , they focused for the matters that they loved and have more abilities to study for finished and go well for their future after degrees . We all know what career can make lot of incomes . What happened if this world full of the doctors , engineers , judges ?

  5. Well.. we are majoring in education studies to become a teacher who will become an engineer of humanity for the next generation. Doesn’t matter if we got the lower pay, but to see our students do well in their lives and contribute more for the community in the future will be worth it :’)

    1. Hmmmm. Money is secondary abi??? Wehdon sa!!! But please don’t tell that to your wife. Worse don’t tell it to your parents, they’re seriously expecting you to start sending money home.

  6. Honestly, it is both preposterous and misleading as it is an unfounded allegation that there is ever a less paying degree. The degree to which a degree stands its value on the economic base is premised on the national economy itself (inflation, currency rate and the need for that program). In simplicity, its all about opportunities for everyone. All programmes and degrees have the same value given a platform.

  7. Let’s face reality, so many people are jumping into such careers because they hate to study harder. Let’s not forget that a doctor, engineer or administrator can also be a dancer. Let not your self to turn to an amusement park to entertain people.

  8. For these so-called low pay jobs, unmonitized rewards are usually higher than the monitized. The reverse is the case for the high pay jobs, so-called. Unfortunately, the focus of a materialist society is on monetary benefits to the detriment of cherished values of nature.

  9. I personally know many wealthy and “successful” people and they are some of the saddest selfish and loneliest people I have ever met.
    Money is paper and love is priceless.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *